Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday Chinese

Having chinese on Sunday is a pretty common affair at my house. But since we're being healthy, I decided to make my own. My recipe is adapted from my new Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook. I forgot to marinate the chicken. So I improvised by using the marinade as a guide for a sauce. I also had a small amount of Lawry's 10 minute Seasame Ginger marinade I used to get the chicken started. Serve this over brown rice.

Sunday Chinese Chicken and Veggies

1 1b chicken cut into bite size peices
3 tablespoons Seasame Ginger quick marinade
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablepsoons brown sugar packed
1 tablespoons Asian dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 scallions
2 garlic gloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 bag frozen stirfry vegetables

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sesame ginger marinade over chicken. Place sesame seeds in a small dry pan and toast over medium-high heat until golden, 2-3 minutes. Set sesame seeds aside.

To prepare marinade mix chicken broth and next four ingredients in a small bowl using a whisk to blend in the cornstarch. Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil and add chicken and garlic to. Cook until done over medium-high heat.

Stir in frozen vegetables and pour sauce over. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and crushed red pepper according to your taste. Cook until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice.

No comments: