Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Diet Food...never so good!

I've been doing Weight Watchers since Feb. and someone sent me a huge file of WW friendly recipes. Since I'm the cook in the family, Ben eats whatever I fix, but I fooled him with the dish. Crispy chicken strips are the perfect comfort food, especially when I'm craving greasy fried foods. Serve this with a salad, mashed sweet potatoes or roasted seasoned potatoes.

Crispy Chicken Strips

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into slices
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp parlsey flakes
1/4 chili powder
2 tsp Montreal Chicken seasoning
1/2 cup light ranch dressing

Crush corn flakes and add all spices in a shallow bowl or plate. Pour ranch dressing in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken strips in ranch dressing coating both sides, then dredge in corn flake mixture. Place on wire rack roasting pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 F.

No comments: